Engaging Programs and Activities
The Importance of Purpose
People can lose their sense of purpose when they age if they don’t stay engaged with activities and socialization. Spring Meadows knows that everybody needs a sense of purpose to feel fulfilled in life. We accomplish this for our residents by creating a warm welcoming culture that embraces everyone and encourages new friendships. We facilitate it by offering an extensive and diverse lineup of activities, programs, and field trips to give residents endless opportunities to connect and enjoy each other’s companionship.
Popular Spring Meadows Activities
Spring Meadows offers a variety of different activities to keep our residents engaged and enjoy their downtime.
- Bingo – It’s a time tested classic that still holds up today.
- Cards – Bridge, Hearts, and Rummy are just some of the popular card games that get our residents engaged. Card games are great because it’s a mixture of skill and strategy mixed with friendly socialization.
- Baking – Some of our residents get great joy from spending time baking goods for family, friends, and other residents. Baking time is supervised for safety.
- Manicures – Our residents love a good manicure. It makes them feel beautiful and provides an excellent setting for socializing.
- Library – An onsite library is available for residents that enjoy reading, including a large selection of audio books for residents who enjoy listening or are unable to read comfortably.
Nothing moves the human spirit like music. Our residents get great joy from watching public groups that come to Spring Meadows for live musical performances. If a resident has a musical talent of their own they can perform for family, friends, and other residents. Our activities include nostalgic music that life the moods and spirits of our residents.
Celebrating holidays throughout the year brings a sense of time and familiarity into our residents’ lives. Spring Meadows brings each holiday to life with beautiful decorations that create a festive atmosphere. Local youngsters stop by and trick or treat around Halloween, and carolers come in and sing around Christmas time.
It’s good to get out! We organize field trips to encourage residents to get out, get active, and enjoy new places if they’re able. We organize transportation and keep an eye on the group during each outing. Field trips are season and weather dependent. Some favorites include going out to a favorite restaurant, shopping, and exploring local parks.
Church and worship services are available for all religions and denominations.